Sunday, December 11, 2011

Texas Playoffs, Finals

Well, I was 12-6 this last week in predicting the winners.  Not bad for my first public predictions.  So here is my write-ups and picks for next weekend.

1A DI Stamford vs. Mason
Last week I missed on both of these teams.  Both teams won big, and continued to have their way in the playoffs.  Stamford beat Mart, who was going to be my winner in this division, and Mason beat Garrison huge.  Mason is only giving up 10 points a game in the playoffs.  I am going with Mason.

1A DII Munday vs. Tenaha
Munday is averaging 56 points per game and Tenaha is averaging 59 points for the playoffs.  Tenaha has been more consistent on defense, so I am picking Tenaha in a shootout.

2A DI Melissa vs. Hempstead
I picked Tatum to win this division, however Hempstead beat them last week.  Hempstead seems to have had an easier time getting to this point than Melissa.  All but one of Melissa's games have been fairly close, whereas Hempstead has had two shutouts.  I like Melissa's offense; I have seen it first hand.  I like the numbers Hemsptead has put up defensively, and defense wins championships.  I am picking Hempstead in a close one.

2A DII Cisco va. Refugio
This game is going to be a good game.  These are two evenly matched teams.  Both have scored points through out the playoffs, but also have had a tendency to give up some as well.  I feel it is Refugio's game, but very close.

3A DII Argyle Wimberley
Once again a very interesting match up.  Two very good evenly balanced teams.  During the playoffs Wimberley is just giving up 14 points per game, but Argyle is averaging 41 points per game on offense.  I would normally go with the better defense, but I feel Argyle can score enough to get by.  Argyle in another close game.

4A DI Hewitt Midway vs. Lake Travis
Wow, what a match up!  Midway has scored over 50 the last two games, and Lake Travis has put up over 40 in all but one playoff game.  Any defense this week?  I am not sure either defense stands a chance next week.  I am picking Lake Travis.

4A DII Aledo vs. Manvel
Is there anyone who can stop Johnathan Grey, except Grey himself?  I think not, a man amongst boys.  Grey will continue his ways and Manvel, although a stout opponent, will fall.  Aledo will win in Grey's last high school game for yet another state championship.

5A D1 South Lake Carroll vs. FB Hightower
SL Carroll is averaging allowing only 15 points per game, while Hightower scores on average 38 in the playoffs.  What is going to give?  I believe in the SLC magic that has been talked about.  I think this is their year. South Lake in a very close, but fairly high scoring game.

5A DII  Spring Dekaney vs. Cibolo Steele
Both Dekaney and Steele broke out and scored over 50 this past week.  However, Dekaney is just giving up just under 15 points per game, while Steele is averaging 12 points on defense.  This may be the best game next weekend.  I expect a slug fest, and low scoring.  I am picking Steele because of the athletes on both sides of the ball.

No comments:

Post a Comment